Aerocene Foundation, initiated in December 2015 by Berlin-based artist Tomás Saraceno, is looking for an experienced and qualified Visual Communication Intern with knowledge and prior experience in the fields of art and science. A suitable candidate should be capable to design all communication materials of Aerocene, digital and printed, and to transform new ideas and concepts within the project into visual materials. In addition, archiving all previous and ongoing materials produced by the Aerocene Foundation. In return, the position offers exciting paid opportunities and challenges, a welcoming team, and a young and proactive working environment.
Aerocene is an interdisciplinary project, an invitation to shape a period of time, a new epoch. The project manifests as a series of air-fuelled sculptures that will achieve the longest, emission-free journey around the world: becoming buoyant only by the heat of the sun and infrared radiation from the surface of the earth. The sculptures float without burning fossil fuels, without using solar panels and batteries, helium, hydrogen and other rare gases, crossing imaginary and physical borders.
• Visual thinking: the transformation of Aerocene concepts and ideas into visual materials
• Creation of general Aerocene materials, digital and printed: hand and digital drawing for presentations, publications, booklets, logo re-design, and other related materials
• Content creation for Website (Wordpress) and social media
• Archive: properly archive different typology of material
• Data visualization: design interfaces from the data provided by the Aerocene floating sculptures
• Excellent English with oral and written communication skills; German or Spanish desirable;
• Must be studying Media/Visual Communication Studies or another related field
• Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Suite Package: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro
• Excellent skills in digital and hand drawing
• Ability to create a variety of design materials (presentations, collages, publications, website and social media materials)
• Flexible and committed attitude to work. Ability to deliver under time pressure. Highly motivated and able to demonstrate initiative in a large team.
• Excellent English and German oral and written communication skills
• Good management skills. An ability to set priorities, manage a number of tasks concurrently and work independently
• Experience in data visualization
• Ability to create exhibition layouts
If you are interested in this role please send us your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
stating “Visual Communication/Archive Intern Application” on the subject heading. If you have any queries regarding the recruitment process, you can also email us to the same electronic address.