ABOUT COMMMON GOAL
Common Goal (powered by streetfootballworld) is a philanthropic movement with an ambitious aspiration: uniting the global football community in tackling the greatest social challenges in the world today - from HIV/AIDS to gender inequality to youth unemployment. The UN has defined success against these challenges as the Global Goals.
The idea is simple: Common Goal’s members (football players, managers, fans and businesses) pledge 1% of their earnings to a central fund. And together we allocate this fund to high-impact community organisations that harness the power of football to advance the Global Goals.
Since Common Goal’s inception in August 2017, more than 100 professional football players and mangers, including Bayern Munich defender Mats Hummels, Juventus Turin’s Giorgio Chiellini and USWNT’s Alex Morgan, influential football officials such as UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin, football legends such as Eric Cantona and a first professional club (FC Nordsjaelland of the top flight league Denmark) have joined the movement.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Digital Media Manager, you will lead the development of our social media strategy, the implementation of our global media campaigns and the development and maintenance of our digital channels. Based at streetfootballworld’s headquarters in Berlin you will work closely with the Head of Communications and other departments in an effort to grow football as a force for social transformation. The preferred start date is 01 August 2019.
You develop and implement our social media strategy:
- You lead the creation and publishing of relevant, original and high-quality content for all our social media channels and websites, including copy and audiovisual contents
- You administer our social media accounts and ensure up-to-date content daily
- You liaise with other departments to ensure that all content published is is accurate, current, interesting and appropriate
- You oversee the design across all our channels and ensure consistency with our brand guidelines
- You monitor performance of our channels, analyse key metrics and adapt strategy when needed
You develop, implement and manage digital media campaigns to grow our movement and increase brand awareness:
- Conceptualisation, content development, stakeholder engagement and publication across owned, earned and paid media
- You work in cooperation with creative partners, communication agencies and videographers to create appealing and engaging digital content
- You facilitate and track the engagement of different stakeholder groups in our campaigns including football players, influencers, media partners and the football fan community
You support the maintenance and development of our websites:
- You lead regular reviews of websites, track performance and help set a roadmap for their development
- You source, create and publish appropriate website content aligned with our organisational strategy and in coherence with our social media strategy
- You oversee the design and development of new features on our websites and work in cooperation with designers and web developers to ensure in-time implementation and efficient use of resources
- You have a bachelor’s degree in communications, (digital) marketing, or a related field
- You have 3+ years experience in a media-related role,with a preference for digital media.
- You have experience leading and managing social media channels working cross-functionally with internal teams and stakeholders
- You have an in-depth knowledge and strong understanding of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube as well as social media analytics and social media publishing and listening tools
- You have excellent editorial judgment, writing skills, and ability to convey our reach to new and established audiences
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- You have basic photoshop skills. Your experience working with other programmes within the Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus
- You are familiar with popular content management systems (Wordpress, Drupal)
- You have strong project management, analytical and organisational skills and the ability to manage, plan, organize and prioritise time and workload effectively and with attention to detail
- A motivating work culture with flat hierarchies, lean decision-making processes and unique personal development opportunities within an internationally recognised social enterprise in the heart of Berlin
- Flexible working hours and 30 days’ annual leave to enable an optimal balance between work and family life
- A 12-month contract (ideally commencing in August 2019) with the possibility of extension at fair conditions
Would you like to play an active part in social change on a global level? Then get into the game and become part of our team!
Please submit your application including your CV, references, portfolio and a cover letter, as well as your salary expectations via our online application form.
streetfootballworld is an equal opportunities employer and strongly committed to diversity and building a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified and experienced people!