WE ARE LOOKING FOR MUSIC TUTORS TO JOIN OUR TEAM
dBs Berlin is an international creative production learning community. We are fuelled by a deeply held belief that greatness is grown not born. Our courses span music and audio production, film, visual FX and acting. We provide students with a safe space to dream big, grow their own greatness and build a life they love.
At its heart dBs Berlin is about people. We are dedicated to building a diverse team to teach in our multicultural environment. We strongly encourage applications from minority groups and women.
What are we looking for?
We’re currently looking for experienced freelance tutors to join our team here at dBs Berlin. We are interested in applicants with industry and academic experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Composition and Arrangement
- Applied Music Theory
- Composition for Media (e.g Film, TV, Games, Installation)
- Mixing & Mastering
- Music Production Technology (DAWs including Ableton, Pro Tools, Logic)
- Professional Practice (Commissioned and published works)
- Bachelor's Thesis Supervision
- Writing and developing schemes of work and exciting content for workshops
- Delivering classes, workshops, lectures, seminars and tutorials
- Monitoring student progress and providing academic support
- Assessing and grading student submissions
- Providing feedback to programme lead and attending programme meetings
- Experience with online teaching would be beneficial
- Prior experience in teaching preferable
- A bachelor's degree or higher, or equivalent industry experience
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written (other languages are a bonus)
- Ability to deliver different narratives with a interesting personal perspective
- An open mind and supportive approach to teaching
- Strong motivational skills to draw students into study
- Interested in helping to build a growing creative community
- Willingness to grow your teaching capabilities
- Available to teach weekly between mid-September 2020 and mid-May / end-- - July 2021 (depending on different semesters and not including semester breaks and holidays).
What can you expect from us:
- Opportunity to learn and exchange experiences with a vibrant creative community
- Dynamic and fast changing work environment
- Encouragement to express yourself and take initiative in shaping your role
- Freedom to express yourself within your specific academic focus
- Possibilities to develop yourself as teacher as well as a music professional
Instead of sending a traditional cover letter, describe to us in 500 words your perspective on education and how you feel it could develop in the future. Please also include your most recent CV and email both as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will be accepting applications until 04.06.2020. Relevant candidates will most likely be invited for interviews between 27.06. - 27.07.2018, but due to the Covid-19 pandemic there might be adjustments to this time frame
Learn more about us at http://www.dbsmusic.net/why-dbs-music
and we look forward to hearing from you!
We have three music and film production training centres in the UK and one in Berlin with over 1400 full time students attending our courses. Our first international centre in Berlin opened in October 2013 and we now have over 300 students. We have a unique approach to teaching and learning backed up by a strong human-centred company ethos. We’re a friendly, hard-working office & offer an encouraging and supportive work environment. We like to make sure our time is spent enjoying what we do and the people around us!