dBs Berlin is an international creative production learning community. We are fuelled by a deeply held belief that greatness is grown, not born. Our courses span music and audio production, film, visual FX and acting. We provide students with a safe space to dream big, grow their own greatness and build a life they love.
At its heart, dBs is about people. We are dedicated to building a diverse team to teach in our multicultural environment, and provide a broad range of role models for students coming into the industry. We strongly encourage applications from minority groups and women.
What are we looking for?
We’re currently looking for freelance or contract teachers to join our growing VFX team. We’re specifically interested in applicants with both industry and academic expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- VFX Supervising
- Practical Effects
- Digital Compositing
- 2D/3D Animation
- Creative Coding / Programming
- Visual Installation
- Mechanics and Dynamics
- Games / Realtime Engines
- Writing and developing module handbooks and schemes of work
- Writing and developing module content
- Preparing exciting content for lessons (Including lesson handouts)
- Delivering classes, workshops, lectures, seminars and tutorials
- Monitoring student progress
- Assessing and grading student submissions
- Providing feedback to programme lead
- Carrying out second marking
- Completing module reports
- Attending programme meetings
- Providing academic support for students
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written (other languages are a bonus)
- Bachelor's degree or higher, or equivalent industry and teaching experience
- An open mind and supportive approach to teaching
- Strong motivational skills to draw students into study
- Interested in helping to build a growing creative community
- Available to teach weekly between mid-September and mid-May
What can you expect from us
- Opportunity to learn and exchange experiences with a vibrant creative community
- Dynamic and fast changing work environment
- Encouragement to express yourself and take initiative in shaping your role
- Freedom to express yourself within your specific academic focus
- Possibilities to develop yourself as tutor as well as a VFX professional
- Encouragement to continue pursuing and developing your career aside from teaching
Instead of sending a traditional cover letter, describe to us in 500 words your perspective on education and how you feel it could develop in the future. Please also include your most recent CV and email both as PDF attachments to email@example.com
, please put ‘VFX=meFX’ as a subject line.
Learn more about us at http://www.dbsfilm.net
and we look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline for application : 30th of June 2020
Our creative campus opened in October 2013 and we now have over 300 students signed on to certificate, bachelors and masters programmes. We have a unique approach to teaching and learning backed up by a strong human-centred company ethos. We’re a friendly, hard-working office & offer an encouraging and supportive work environment. We like to make sure our time is spent enjoying what we do and the people around us!