We’re Ecosia, the green search engine that uses its profits to plant trees. We generate profit through search engine advertising, and spend upwards of 80% of our revenue on tree planting projects around the world.
Since 2009 we’ve delivered a digital, video-first marketing and advertising program with in-house copy and creative leads. Our audience is uniquely young (Gen Z and younger Millennials) and highly engaged, and we use a casual, fun and friendly tone of voice to invite them into the Ecosia movement.
As we grow the program, we’re looking for a freelance copywriter to produce effective advertising creative across a number of digital channels, in collaboration with the Integrated Marketing Lead and in-house production team.
Does this sound like you?
- You have 3-5 years experience copywriting and scriptwriting for advertising video (both YouTube and Facebook)
- You have experience copywriting and scriptwriting for acquisition, retention and brand advertising activity, localised to key markets where relevant
- You have experience working with apps, search engines and/or scaling start-ups
- You have a very strong command of the English language (verbal/written)
- You can quickly adapt to Ecosia’s young, passionate and proactive target audience
- You’re looking for an opportunity to work with a truly unique brand - to help fight climate change and reforest the world, by working with a green search engine
- You have experience with nonprofit or environmental brands (this is desired but not essential)
- You have experience copywriting for email, landing pages, out of home and other advertising channel activity (this is desired but not essential)
- You copyright at a professional level in German or French (this is desired but not essential)
If this sounds like you, then get in touch with the following:
- A portfolio of work for similar brands with a similar, casual tone of voice
- An outline of your rates and any preferred working and payment terms
- Your availability throughout the end of 2020 and early 2021