Work with us!
gestalten is seeking a talented and experienced Editorial Designer (m/f/d), who will be responsible for the cover and layout design for our diverse list of publications. The ideal candidate’s portfolio showcases excellent editorial design and storytelling skills, a strong eye for photography, typography, page design, and publication pacing.
• Realization of 3-5 of complex illustrated publishing projects per season (6 months), from initial concept to implementing corrections and final artwork.
• Following briefs to produce high-quality design work for cover and page layouts of illustrated books.
• Checking images regarding their print quality and moderate image editing and optimization.
• Designing and preparing select promotional and advertising materials for sales, marketing, and licensing initiatives.
• Preparing files and images for digital and print assets: image resizing, retouching, clipping, layering, conversion, etc.
• Communicating and collaborating closely with the in-house team of editors, project managers, production managers, and external
stakeholders (illustrators, authors).
• Reporting directly to Head of Design
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a print publishing environment (designing covers and layouts, creating templates from own concepts) is a must.
• Strong creative aesthetic and a demonstrated interest in book design.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, is a must.
• Experience and knowledge of page layout and typography fundamentals is a must.
• Ability to prioritize, balance multiple projects simultaneously, and meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to pay strong attention to detail and consistency.
• Ability to speak, read, and write in German and English.
• A creative and flexible approach to work.
• Ability to adapt quickly and take feedback.
• A keen interest in the topics we cover in our publications and an understanding of gestalten’s target audience.
• Becoming part of a globally recognized brand and work with creative talents around the world.
• A team that values respect, transparency, pragmatism, and collaboration.
• Exciting and challenging projects and space for initiative.
• An office conveniently located in the vibrant heart of Berlin-Kreuzberg.
• A permanent position from the first day of employment.
If this vacancy reflects your skills, personality, and ambition, get in touch! We look forward to receiving your CV and a brief cover letter, including your earliest possible starting date and your desired salary via email to email@example.com
. The subject line should read „STAFFx Editorial Designer“.
gestalten is committed to creating a diverse environment. Therefore, we welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/worldview, disability, age, living situation, and sexual orientation and identity.