Media Distribution & Localization | Berlin | German Natives | Full-time
Let's turn the media world on its head!
OVALmedia is an international and engaged team of journalists, filmmakers and authors
dedicated to bringing independent, topical, non-biased media coverage to the wider
public. With many years of experience in documentary film production and external
offices around the world, we are able to cover the complete process from inception through to distribution, allowing high levels of creative freedom.
We developed internet channels in the last months which are showing how our society is changing and are critical of the Corona politics of the German and other governments. The audience welcomes these as an alternative to public television.
We are rapidly expanding and to support this growth we require the immediate
assistance of German native localization interns with an interest in independent media and
Do you value free thought and free speech as well as ethical, investigative journalism ? Media, who’s ultimate goal is an informed public and a true democratic society?
Then you’re the one we’re looking for!
What you'll do:
- Handle the transcription, translation and subtitling of our content
- Syncing the subtitling to video
- Keep a clear overview and stay updated on the workflow and deliverables
- Coordinate with post-production colleagues
- Ensure deliverables are on time and according to our standards
- Constantly reflect on the workflow processes and find ways to optimize them
- Publishing content on various platforms
- Native or near-native level German with proficiency in at least one (more than one is a huge advantage) of the following languages : English, French, Italian and/or Spanish
- You have an eye for detail and cultural or other nuances
- Emotionally intelligent and a great communicator
- Experience with transcribing, translating and/or syncing subtitles to video using any editing software is not a must but a huge advantage
- Flexible, have the ability to prioritize and handle several responsibilities at once
- Embrace learning curves and have the ability to research and learn new software quickly
- Able to identify problems, find efficient solutions, and know when it is better to ask for help
- Organized and a motivated initiator with a collaborative team attitude
- A free thinker that is curious about the world and, whether it is easy for you or difficult, you constantly strive to be open for different perspectives
- Above all, you care. You are not just looking to clock-in 9 to 5. You are results-oriented and want to have an impact.
What We Offer:
- Flat hierarchy
- Fast growing company, offering many opportunities for growth on personal and professional levels
- Global company with offices in Berlin, Cologne, Paris, Rome, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo
- Diverse, multicultural professional environment with colleagues from every corner of the world and a strong sense of community
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, please send a letter of motivation along with your resume/CV, :email@example.com
We want to hear who you are and what drives you.
We really do value each individual application. However, due to a large volume of applicants we may not be able to answer everyone personally. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: 400.00€ per month