Start date: May 2021, part-time/freelance
Location: Berlin or remote from anywhere
we are building two inspiring online volunteering platforms. The goal: encourage young people in Germany and beyond to take on responsibility for our society and become active volunteers for social and sustainable causes.
The current version of our websites is our starting point for achieving great things: We are aiming to transform our online offering into a highly interactive and strongly growing community of like-minded individuals and organizations. The starting point is outstanding user-oriented design. We are looking for an outstanding product designer to help us realize our social impact vision.
Do you have experience in designing functional, elegant user interfaces? Would you like to apply your skills for a good cause & become part of an ambitious social impact venture?
Send us your CV and two references (links to work samples, contact details of former employers). Then we will invite you for a chat about a potential collaboration.
What tasks and team setting can you expect?
- Develop high-fidelity user interface design for responsive web applications
- Develop wireframes and interactive prototypes together with the Head of Product
- Expand and maintain a design system for various screen sizes and different platforms
- Help us shape the product vision for GoVolunteer.com
- Contribute your creative thinking and participate in product development workshops
- Communicate your ideas and concepts to different departments within in organization
- Work together with a team of content experts, product manager and (external) developers
What skills do you need?
- 3+ years of product design (focus on UI design); brand design experience is useful
- Talent for fresh, clean & brand-consistent design that is user-centric and inspiring
- Experience with different software stacks and design patterns (e.g., good knowledge of Sketch, Figma, Zeplin and/or Invision)
- Experience in working iteratively (from PoC to MVP and scale-up) and in agile settings using Scrum and Kanban
- Passion for solving real-life problems through intelligent design
- Fluency in English (at least level C1); knowledge of German is a bonus
- A collaborative spirit and you enjoy working in a team
MUST HAVE: UI Design, UX Design, Agile, Taste & Aesthetics, Branding, Clean Style, Problem Solving, Creativity, Team Player, Self-Organized, Social Impact Motivation
What do we offer?
- Get know a young Berlin social startup from the inside: We are highly energized and always on the lookout for new opportunities to create positive impact in society.
- Assume responsibility: Work independently and goal-oriented. Contribute your own ideas and help us find the best solution for our target groups.
- Develop your skills & interests: Regular trainings and workshops offer you the opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
- Meet people: Become part of our diverse impact community and meet like-minded people from all over the world.
- Fair salary: We aim to pay a fair social sector remuneration. Feel free to let us know what your expectations are.
- Awesome coworking location: We are located at the heart of the capital in Berlin’s first social coworking and event space, MACHWERK in der Alten Münze.
- Have fun: Team events are our speciality. We close our week with community drinks and a friendly get-together.
What is important to us?
We strive to be a diverse workplace that fosters diversity, openness and mutual respect. Therefore we invite applications from all who are interested, regardless of origin, age, religion, sexual and gender identity, disability and from people with a migrant background and people of color.
Apply now! Send us your CV and two references (links to work samples, contact details of former employers): email@example.com
. Please mention where you found us.
We are looking forward to getting to know you and your design ideas.