Analogdream e.V. is looking for a fluent German and English speaking Communications Officer to join our team. This role would suit a diligent, ambitious, driven, and highly efficient individual who is keen to expand their communications career in a fast-paced start-up environment for an upcoming arts festival scheduled for the last week of July. This opportunity has the potential to expand to an on-going role within the organisation beyond the festival. The post holder needs to be someone hungry to take on a big project and make it their own. Previous experience is less important than creative and critical thinking to problem solve and innovate original content and effective strategies to execute a 360 marketing campaign.
AnalogDream e.V. operates at the intersection of contemporary art and engineering, focusing our diverse range of skills and expertise on exploring how both fields can mutually enhance the capabilities of the other. Bringing together painters, coders, dancers, engineers, audio artists and filmmakers to pose a myriad of urgent questions through both the artwork we produce and the means by which we produce it.
AnalogDream e.V. strives to utilise technology to empower both its members and its audiences. Distinct to our work, each performance makes use of various AI sensory hardware that we are continually developing to expand the ways in which our artwork can be displayed and interacted with. On a thematic level, our work investigates the ways in which we endure, but may also overcome, the intertwined violence of gender, religion and shame inflicted onto our bodies as they exist within contemporary Western societies governed by such structural forces.
Through the combination of our minds, talent and creativity we hope to sublimate humanity, its diversity and its vulnerability through our artwork. Ultimately, we seek to materialise a vision of society where humanity transcends its current afflictions to become more honest, genuine, and present acceptance as the new valuta.
Based in Berlin, we have embraced remote working with our team distributed across several countries within the western world such as Denmark, Portugal, Mexico, Germany, and Austria to name a few. We’re a diverse team of art, technology, engineering, and business professionals combining visual art, performance, and technology to produce immersive and interactive artistic experiences for both public and private presentation.
All teammates are key players with real responsibilities contributing to the strength, longevity, resilience and growth of the association. You’ll be a core member of the internal team, working directly with the Artistic Directors, Business Development Officer, Graphic Designer, and our Communications Advisor in a start-up environment where your opinions, insight, and experience will be highly valued and implemented. You’ll be given artistic license to structure the festival’s marketing campaigns and communication strategies to determine the best practices to communicate our vision to the public.
- Support the Artist Directors to develop and integrate imaginative communications strategies and campaigns to reach relevant audiences across primarily digital media, including some print.
- Manage varied projects, partnerships and campaigns, including the development and production of communications materials and digital assets, proactively engaging in work as necessary.
- Anticipate and manage reputational risks, working to mitigate or escalate issues and provide authoritative communications advice to senior managers, talent and colleagues to protect and enhance the organisation’s reputation.
- Work collaboratively with external partners, media contacts (such as press) and colleagues across AnalogDream to bring people together around common goals and act as a spokesperson when necessary.
- Develop, coordinate and execute detailed digital marketing schedules and work plans.
- Analyze digital data to draw key recommendations around the website and social media optimisation.
- Conduct social media audits to ensure best practices are being used.
- Coordinate the creation and launch of communication campaigns for each successful project.
- Create high-quality digital marketing content (text) in German and English, ensuring the brand message is consistent.
- Track and measure campaign performance to identify areas for improvement, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals and where adjustments are needed.
- Assisting with cross-promotion between the relevant external organisations and communicating with them.
- Capture learning to feed forward into future engagements to further reduce risk and increase project delivery success.
- A high level of literacy and articulation, effective, clear, and consistent written and verbal communication in German and English.
- Process-driven with extraordinary organisation and impeccable attention to detail while keeping an understanding of the big picture in mind.
- Strong initiative, able to excel in a fast-paced environment, with the capacity to happily pivot/adapt to changes as projects evolve and priorities quickly change as opportunities.
- The capacity to translate information into interesting, engaging copy and shape it to suit a variety of audiences.
- An eye for design.
- The ability to work sensitively with individuals and groups to build productive relationships.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver high quality work consistently.
- The imagination to translate ideas into interesting and deliverable projects
- Previous experience working in an event-based marketing role, ideally within a festival environment, publicising activities to attract audiences.
- Previous experience in marketing, comms, PR, technical business, or a similar position, managing the design and production of print and digital materials.
- Social media savvy (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, etc.)
- Comfortable working with a wide range of people – from technical engineers, art curators, grant representatives, writers, operations, and the wider business.
- Proven ability for multitasking in a deadline-driven environment, and completing projects within deadlines independently and as a team player.
- Communicates honestly, openly and consistently.
- A proactive self-starter, innovative problem-solver, values integrity, and accountable approach to tasks, goals, and responsibilities.
- Remains motivated and enthusiastic in the face of challenges.
- Adopts a flexible, adaptable approach to tasks and relationships.
- Is positive and resilient, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Has a commitment to equality, inclusivity and diversity.
- Is an honest and direct communicator with the internal team, with the capacity to receive constructive criticism effectively.
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of contemporary festivals, with experience working in an arts organisation.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign), video editing, photography, and social media management tools (ex. Hootsuite).
- Familiarity or proficiency with French or Spanish.
- A passion for arts and culture with a keen interest for the intersection of social activism, art and technology (specifically AI).
- Experience in a business or not-for-profit environment.
- Academic or professional experience in public or commercial fine art.
- Certifiable education in marketing, PR, communications, business, or a related field.
- Experience with client or stakeholder relations.
To apply please submit your CV and any previous work or links to a portfolio.