Therme Group’s vision is to create the world’s most advanced wellbeing resorts, achieved by harnessing the complex interplay of nature, technology and culture. By combining the traditions of global thermal bathing with an indoor tropical ecosystem, Therme Group’s resorts deliver an experience that enhances mind, body and soul. Therme Group facilities welcome tens of millions of visitors every year, with new projects currently under development in the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
Guided by an understanding of culture as the keystone of spiritual, mental and physical wellbeing, Therme Art looks to art to generate new content and creative wellbeing solutions for use across Therme Group. Working with artists to realise the integration of a ‘Wellbeing Culture’ within urban design, it is a catalyst for collaboration, bringing together an international network of leading figures from diverse fields to address the most urgent aspects of human life. Led by a deep engagement with the natural environment, Therme Art combines the interests of the latest scientific findings in human health, with the needs of urban design and culture.
With both internal and external audiences, the pitch-perfect communication of our ambitious wellbeing vision is vital. To help achieve this, we are now seeking to work with a talented Communications Manager who will lead our communications department to support the realisation of an exciting range of Therme Art projects. The role will be based at the Therme Art office at Erkelenzdamm 5, Berlin, with occasional travel for business meetings and events.
What you’ll do, what you’ll bring:
Working on a project-guided basis, the Communications Manager will lead the internal and external communication of all Therme Art projects. With in-depth knowledge of the cultural sector, they will bring considerable experience (3-4 years) working at a senior level in a comparable role.
Outline of Duties:
The Head of Communications role will plan and oversee the work of the communications team.
• Managing the work of the communications team on a day-to day basis and ensuring consistent messaging and tone across all internal and external communications
• Planning, developing and implementing successful campaigns across all Therme Art social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin)
• Overseeing implementation and pitching of press campaigns to a wide range of local, national, and international media
• Crafting media strategy and long-term communications plan for Therme Art
• Working closely with artists’ studios and staff on media inquiries including interview requests, image permissions, key image selection for panel talks, and specialised press requests, etc.
• Liaising with partners and PR agencies
• Planning and overseeing communications at all Therme Art events
The Communications Manager will possess an unparalleled work ethic with a high sense of urgency and the ability to work to tight deadlines. They will have a passion for culture and a desire to work with Therme Art on a long-term basis. They will also hold:
• Bachelor’s degree in Art History or Communications
• 3-4 years’ experience working in a senior communications role
• Digital native with a deep and intuitive knowledge of social media and experience developing and realising successful campaigns
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills (English is our working language)
• Have a good working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign Mailchimp, and Microsoft Office
• Have a flexible approach to work, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
• Have good working knowledge of contemporary art (desirable)
• Self-starter with ability to take initiative and pitch creative concepts
We are looking for employees who would like to grow with us and to become invested in the Therme Art vision. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams, and working as equals.
How to apply:
Email cover letter & CV to Therme Art at email@example.com
. Include “Communications Manager” in the email subject.