Tarisio Auctions, the leading international marketplace for fine and rare stringed instruments and bows, is searching for an Office Manager / Büroleiter to complete our team at our new office in Berlin, Germany.
Tarisio provides a unique opportunity for employees looking to combine their passion for classical music with their individual and professional skills and talents. Our Berlin office in Charlottenburg is a boutique work environment with a team of modern, creative people from diverse backgrounds who are dedicated to and enthusiastic about their jobs.
Our unique and dynamic environment calls for an equally unique and dynamic candidate. The ideal person for this role will possess the following:
- Experience with client services catering to a VIP clientele
- A polished, professional appearance with a strong sense of style
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail as well as time management and organizational skills
- Experience with import/export compliance, CITES and cultural goods licenses, and general bookkeeping including VAT
- Knowledge of accounting software and MS Excel / G-Sheet spreadsheets
- Understanding and experience with Mac platform and Google Apps for Office
Main duties include but are not limited to:
-Receive visitors at the front desk, manage the company's main Berlin telephone and email account, and make introductions to sales staff as appropriate.
- Serve as brand ambassador for Tarisio, always portraying a warm, hospitable demeanor. Become familiar with the names of regulars and repeat visitors and develop a friendly rapport.
- Manages daily activities to ensure that the operational, administrative, compliance and financial policies and practices are followed and that any developments, challenges, and deadlines are communicated to staff and top management in the most effective way.
- Responsible for viewing-related activities including: timely preparation of the galleries pre-sale; management of traffic flow and appearance of galleries; and providing assistance to prospective buyers with their queries or requests.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Please email your cover letter and include your resume in the body of the email. No attachments and include the Job Title in the subject line of your email.