Hello Teaching Artists, English Teachers, Camp Counsellors
Interact English's mission is to establish arts-integrated (language) education as an integral aspect of the German education system as a nonprofit organisation. To provide all students, regardless of their social-economic or educational background, access to cultural education, foreign language, and arts programs. Through this engagement, we seek to develop appreciation and tolerance for culture, diversity and the arts.
We are currently building a team to teach our programs throughout Germany. We work in grades 1 - 12 offering English instruction through cultural exchange, play and creative activities.
- You are a confident instructor with good group management skills
- You are professional, dedicated and resilient
- You have ample experience working with children.
- You are respectful, inclusive and work well with others
- You care about education and will go all in to make awesome projects for the students.
What we offer:
- Teaching fun projects all over Germany. 90% of our projects are outside of Berlin.
- Competitive pay for freelancers (higher than industry standard)
- To be part of a fantastic community of ex-pats.
- Currently, we have around 30 Teaching Artists in our team from all over the globe. We are in the process of building a real community here in Berlin.
- Gig work to add to your freelance portfolio. This type of work is suitable for freelancers that have various other sources of income.
- Flexibility. You have the ability to choose the type of projects, age-range and education setting. The volume of work you will receive depends on your availability, experience and available projects that correspond to your skillset.
- An environment to try new things, learn and grow.
We will only review applications that comply with the following requirements:
*You are a native English speaker from an English native-speaking country.
*You live in Germany and have a valid work visa
*You have a German tax number and a German bank account
*You have experience working in an educational setting
*A Police Background check. This is a legal requirement to work in any school environment. (This can be arranged during the interview process. Candidates with police checks will be prioritised)
Steps for application
**(Only applicants following these steps will be considered)**
1) Read the job requirements above (Congrats to get this far you already finished step-1)
2) Read about our organisation (Website: www.interactenglish.de
) We have over 20 programs (You can check them out here: Student Programs
3) Send a CV and cover letter outlining your applicable experience working with students and any other pertinent skills and tell us why you would be a good fit at Interact.
Please be patient, we only have a small admin team and your application may take a few weeks to be processed. (Please no phone calls)
We look forward to hearing from you!