Berlin’s English-language magazine is looking for a Web Editor to join its editorial team and actively contribute to the launch and development of EXB's new website.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
The perfect candidate is an ambitious, pro-active native English speaker with strong communication skills, a background in online or print journalism, and a good command of WordPress, digital tools and social media.
The Web Editor is responsible for managing our website and newsletters, maintaining day-to-day online content and overseeing team work. He/she is also responsible for building relationships with colleagues, journalists and sources, and leading team productivity, as Exberliner launches its new website and expands its digital presence.
- shaping and overseeing content on exberliner.com
and in our biweekly newsletters in cooperation with the editorial team and its chief editor
- ensuring that the website is up-to-date and that stories stream onto the site consistently and seamlessly
- scheduling and strategising the online publication of articles sourced from the print edition
- devising a social media strategy that incorporates both editorial and marketing considerations
- assigning fresh, online-exclusive content
- maintaining strong relationships with the editor-in-chief, editors and freelancers
Preferences will be given to applicants who:
- have excellent organisational and communication skills
- are willing to work well within our diverse, multi-national team
- have airtight command of English-language spelling, grammar and sentence structure (only native speakers will be considered)
- have at least two years of journalism or editorial experience (online preferred)
- are familiar with Wordpress and know their way around social media and Mailchimp
- identify with the Exberliner brand
Exberliner was founded by three journalists in 2002. It’s Germany’s largest English-language magazine. The Berlin-based independent monthly has grown into a family of print and digital publications including exberliner.com
, weekly newsletters, City Guides and our social media channels. The Exberliner brand stands for independent, first-hand journalism and the free-thinking spirit of the city, with deep connections within the diverse international and cultural scenes of the German capital. Exberliner joined the independent Berlin publishing group TipBerlin Media in January 2021.