The passion for creating high-quality games and the focus on a superior customer experience have made GameDuell one of the largest cross-platform games communities in the world. Since 2003, more than 130 million players have played with us. GameDuell offers a broad portfolio of over 40 casual online skill games, mostly developed in-house.
As our Senior User Experience Researcher, you will significantly influence the business decision making process of the company through the implementation of your quantitative and qualitative research results. You will gain first-hand insights into the innovative fields of web, mobile, and social games. With our business OKRs in mind, you will be responsible for the UXR team’s holistic strategy, establishing KPIs, and the external and internal representation of the team. You will manage incoming research requests within the team and take over operative research for our products. Especially through the execution of user interviews and tests, you will become the voice of the users within the company.
Communication is key! As an extraordinary communicator, you will easily pitch your results and ideas to all important stakeholders. Your stellar storytelling skills allow you to give insights to stakeholders’ hearts and minds. As a mentor for the UXR team, you will decisively influence their growth through continuous feedback and support.
* Handle research requests, and create test plans and design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
* Advocate and lead the strategic research throughout the product life cycle and pitch it to all stakeholders and management to support business decision making
* Expand our understanding of users and their psychology and motivation by using the results of your user research studies and build on archetypes & personas
* Determine strategy, set up OKRs and KPIs for the UXR team and enable their growth development, in addition to being the coach and mentor for the team, possibility for additional responsibility as team lead
* Take over the role as a representative for the users and support your stakeholders by making sure the right information is in the right place
What we expect
* Graduate in research-based and human behavior related field (e.g. human factors)
* 5+ years proven track record as a UX researcher, designing, running, and reporting on your own studies
* Good level of understanding of statistics and quantitative analysis to back up your qualitative skills
* Project management skills
* Experience in mentoring, training, and supporting others to elevate their research quality and utility
* Very good consensus building, negotiation, and presentation skills
* First experience in people management is a plus
What we offer
* A variety of tasks and independent work with creative leeway for your own ideas
* One of the best working spaces in Berlin: our well-situated office in Mitte! (Includes free soft drinks, fruit, pool table, table tennis, game events, sports courses, a sunny rooftop terrace, and much more)
* Flexible working hours
* Mobile office during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic
* Take a look behind the scenes of our UX Research & Design Team: https://inside.gameduell.com/blog/behind-the-scenes-ux-research-design-team/
We are an ecological and socially sustainable company and have our very own “Green Team” which implements ideas and initiatives to help protect our environment and for charity. As a games community, we take our social responsibility seriously. We are co-founders of the “Leaders for Climate Action” and have committed ourselves to becoming carbon neutral.
* We pay attention to environmental friendly and resource-efficient standards when purchasing our office and food supplies
* We match your charity donations
* Join our “Green Team” and you can actively engage with charities and help to protect our environment by directly taking part in many of our green initiatives
* Social responsibility begins with each of us. Our corporate culture is characterized by mutual trust and respect. Our open and international team welcomes and respects diversity
Say "hello" to our recruiter Caro!
jobs-ccb (at) gameduell.de
We look forward to receiving your application. Please send your application including salary expectations and earliest possible start date as PDF with the subject ‘Senior UX Researcher (Lead Possibility) *’.
* GameDuell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. Any terms referring to people are valid for all genders whether male, female, or diverse.