Since 1997 we have established a distinct programme and realized ambitious installations not only in the gallery but also in various project spaces in Berlin. The gallery programme emphasizes on representational work, which combines various media and is multifaceted in its artistic strategies. The gallery works with internationally established artists, artist estates as well as with younger positions and has accompanied many of the gallery artists since the beginnings of their careers. we have participated regulary at international art fairs. 2020 we founded the experimental online platform New Viewings which is based on the idea of a utopian space for artistic production and ideas. Visitors get an overview of current discourses, curators and artist positions. It is also a marketplace. To strengthen our team, we are looking for an experienced Exhibition Manager and Registrar in full time.
Was erwartet dich?
• Organising and overseeing all incoming and outgoing shipments
• Liaising with clients to support the crating and shipment of purchased artworks
• Safe transport, handling, care and storage of all artworks in the gallery inventory
• Maintaining the gallery database
• Preparing and overseeing loan agreements and consignments
• Logging all incoming and outgoing receipts, and condition reports
• Requesting shipping quotations and allocating jobs
• Oversight of all correspondence with shippers and customs agents
• Overseeing preparation and shipments for art fairs
• Filing and maintenance of a faultless record of customs paperwork and import status for each work
• Maintaining an up-to-date gallery database, recording locations and provenance
• Exhibition management, including supervising and coordination of production
• Management of freelance technical staff on exhibition installations and day to day projects
• Sourcing products or services for installations
• Responsible for task management tools to manage short and long-term projects
• Creating and keeping to agreed timetables with the Director and the Gallery Manager
• Packing of artworks and organisation of gallery inventory
• Coordination of exhibition and artwork photography
Was solltest du mitbringen?
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a Registrar or similar position in the visual arts
• A comprehensive understanding of the parameters of working in a commercial gallery
• Proven ability to support team members and artists in all areas of the safe handling, transport, storage and exhibition of artwork
• Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets
• Excellent organisational skills with proven experience of exhibition management
• Confidence to delegate tasks and supervise their progress and timely completion
• Confident, independent worker, who follows guidelines and instructions closely without oversight
• Excellent communication skills and writing and editing skills in both English and German
• Proficiency with Mac operating systems, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
• Experience of managing a cloud-based database system
• Fast learner able to pick-up the operation of new systems in an efficient and timely manner
• Smartly presented with a polite and positive demeanour
•The registrar will work closely with the Director, Gallery Manager.
Was bieten wir dir?
- a small office structure without hierarchical division
- close cooperation within the team
- working with originals
- a salary commensurate with your qualifications and experience with a permanent full-time position
- an international environment
For more information or to apply visit Campusjäger by Workwise: https://www.campusjaeger.de/s/67VmVbo-exhibition-manager-and-registrar-mwd