Oyoun is an anti-disciplinary cultural centre in Berlin-Neukölln.
We initiate, conceive and implement artistic-cultural projects with migrant, decolonial and queer*feminist perspectives.
As an intersectional platform, we have made it our mission to create an accessible cultural space that facilitates dialogue on local, national and international issues on an artistic level.
Starting January 2022 (or later) we are looking to hire a new part time colleague to join the Oyoun family in Berlin Neukölln. Remuneration in alignment with TVL E11.
Areas of work:
IT administration & project management (40%):
- troubleshoot issues with IT systems and infrastructure, coordinate external support where necessary
- support with live streaming & broadcasting workflows using OBS, BigBlueButton, Jitsi etc.
- support with collaboration tools and designing creative/alternative workflows, using Mattermost, Matrix, Nextcloud etc.
- support and plan training opportunities for the whole team and subgroups where relevant including facilitation where possible and outsourcing where needed
- data security, to optimise remote working, data storage, cross-platform security and more
Web development (30%):
- basics of SEO within Wordpress
- web content strategy, e.g. support with web applications/embedding/hosting of artist works
Creative technologist (30%):
- physical interaction design/micro-electronics, e.g. Arduino/Raspberry Pi configuration for exhibition design
- creative technology appliance, such as generative coding via Processing or similar, game/playful development via Unity 3D, Twine etc.
- basic understanding of and interest in AR/VR technologies
- elementary skills of or interest in 3D design/generative design using applicable software
- additive manufacturing using Oyoun 3D printer and more
- interest in open-source-technologies such as React, Node js, Angular, Git etc.
- curious about Blockchain technologies
- dedicate to values around queer*feminism, anti-racism, decolonial thinking, inclusion/accessibility, sustainability and life-long learning
- distinct analytical thinking, structured and independent way of working
- interest and commitment to the latest technological developments and willingness to learn new web/digital technologies
- interest in speculative/future-oriented thinking in collaboration with the artistic/curatorial team and fundraising teams
- English required as working language, basic German skills are a plus
- An exciting insight into the processes of an up-and-coming art and cultural institution.
- Independent work and the chance to support sub-projects on your own responsibility
- An innovative and dynamic team in a modern working environment
- Fair remuneration and annual special payment
If you have professional experience with the areas of work outlined above and can identify with Oyoun's vision, this is the job for you.
Interested? Then please send us your application (short cover letter and resume/portfolio) by email to email@example.com
Oyoun - Kultur NeuDenken gUG recognises the German equal opportunities act. Applications from women* as well as people from the queer* and/or BIPoC communities are explicitly encouraged. Disabled/neurodivergent applicants will be given preferential consideration at equal qualification and suitability.