Please note: you can find this vacancy note as a PDF under the following link: https://germany.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl806/files/svn-de1−2022−05_outreachassistantoutreach.pdf
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission (COM) and the direct supervision of the Senior Outreach Assistant, the successful candidate will support the outreach activities of IOM Germany and be responsible for the following tasks:
• Supports the outreach team in the coordination and implementation of activities, as well as in strategical and technical development of the outreach and social media strategy.
• Assists in the design and production of communications materials and in the production and editing of videos, as well as website management.
• Assists in the organization of events (both offline and online).
• Assists in the continuous monitoring of the conducted activities through the collection of quantitative and qualitative data.
• Assists in the evaluation of the implemented outreach activities.
• Supports in the development and distribution of outreach material to relevant stakeholders and migrants.
• Maintains contact with relevant stakeholder, organizations, and others in regard to developed activities.
• Responds to general requests and inquiries of internal and external partners and ensures proper follow up and actions.
• Assists in day-to-day project management task, including administrative duties.
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or CoM.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Political or Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations, Information/Communication Sciences, Graphic Design, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar roles.
• Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with four years of relevant professional experience, preferably in similar roles.
Experience and Skills
• Working experience in the field of media and communications.
• Experience in the field of target group communication and information dissemination.
• Experience in organizing events (offline and online).
• Experience in the professional usage of social media and online marketing.
• Working experience in video production and in the production of printed media,
infographics, illustrations, and visuals for social media or in the management of a
website is an advantage.
• Experience in supporting project management activities including administrative
support is an advantage.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, including experience contributing to the
management of projects.
• Able to multi-task, prioritize and work independently.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Outlook is required.
• Demonstrated proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud software package,
particularly InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro or demonstrated proficiency
in managing a website is an advantage.
Fluency in both English and German required. Knowledge of another official IOM language or Russian and Arabic is an advantage.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit and verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be
requested to provide evidence of full vaccination against COVID-19.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only applicants holding a valid residence and work permit in Germany will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications including a cover letter (not exceeding one page), CV and relevant certificates and references by email at HRDGermany[at]iom.int.
Please indicate your name, reference code and position title in the email subject.
Due to the large volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contracted.
From 28.06.2022 to 12.07.2022.
International Organization for Migration / Germany
Human Resources Team
Email : HRDGermany[@]iom.int